Annotation
When
sixteen year old Beatrice chooses another faction over her old fact, she must
show just how brave and courageous she really to be in the Dauntless faction.
But Beatrice has a scret of her own that is too dangerous to speak of and can
cause her, her life. As the meanings to her secret starts to unfold, she must
find a way to save her old faction or society could be destroyed and taken
over.
Justification for Nomination
Divergent starts out with
Beatrice, a sixteen year old who is part of Abnegation, one of the five factions;
getting prepared for the aptitude test. Among all factions, every sixteen year
old individual will be taking the test to see which faction best fits their
personalities. After learning what faction best fitted Beatrice’s personality,
she learns that she is a Divergent. She is told to keep it a secret and never
speak of t. On the Choosing Ceremony day all aptitude test takers much now
choose the faction they want to be a part of. Beatrice chooses to join another
faction, Dauntless.
For
two weeks, she undergoes intense training to prove her bravery and that she
deserves to be a Dauntless. On the day that they were supposed to be given
their job, based on ranking, Dauntless are unknowingly sleepwalking and sent
off to war. Beatrice must now try to protect her family, friends, and faction by
destroying the system that controls all Dauntless.
Divergent is the first
book of its series. I was interested in the description of the second book Insurgent, which was what lead me to
reading the first book. Divergent has
similarities to The Hunger Games but I
felt that Divergent had more a better
flow. Though I haven’t read The Hunger
Games I can’t exactly compare the two, unless I was comparing it to the
film.
I
think that Divergent explores all
ends of science fiction. This is one of the many books that keeps young adults
wanting to read and wanting more. Since science fiction is a genre you are able
to explore beyond one’s imagination. I found this book a great escape from
reality and it kept me well engaged in its plot. It also gives teen an idea of
who they are and what they represent.
Divergentis a great book
that explores many of the things that all teens are thinking about. Whether it’s
about whom they are, what or who they represent, identifying themselves,
exploring love and relationship, and understanding their body and body growth.
As well as understanding their society and how well placed they are in it. I
think that through the Dauntless’ training, it shows teens that their fears
shouldn’t get in the way of what they want to do and that they just need time
to overcome them.
Genre Science Fiction | Dystopia | Fantasy | Young Adult Literature
Genre Science Fiction | Dystopia | Fantasy | Young Adult Literature
No comments:
Post a Comment